Thursday, May 29, 2014

Skittles Popcorn


I'm having trouble accessing my pictures from my phone that I took of my skittles popcorn but I found this recipe off of another blogger's page and I was going to link the blog here but I thought some day I might not be able to access it so I just copied and pasted the recipe.  

Courtesy of:
 http://awesomerecipes101.blogspot.ca/2009/06/skittle-popcorn.html

Nicholle's recipe:


2-16 oz. bags Skittles-divided by color
1/2 cup butter for each color
1/4 cup light corn syrup for each color
12 cups popped popcorn for each color

1. Place on batch of popped popcorn into a very large, lightly greased bowl and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine one color of Skittles, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. (Skittles will melt close to the end of the 5 minutes.)
3. Pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly with a large greased spoon.
4. Place coated popcorn into a greased 9 x 13 inch or larger baking pan. Bake at 200-250℉ for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on sheet of aluminum foil to cool. (I skipped this step.)
5. Repeat this process for each color. When all candy popcorn is cool, break apart and store in airtight container. Keeps well for up to two weeks in airtight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment