Thursday, May 29, 2014

I Didn't know I Could ever be THIS Tired!

Life is rough with a newborn.  I'm sooo darn tired that I don't know how my body is still functioning.  People always tell me to sleep when he sleeps but, let's be realistic.  How many things do I need to get done in the day and when can they be done?  While I'm awake and he is asleep!!!  I have to feed myself, clean the house, pump, shower, laundry, coordinate my future work schedule, take care of insurance and bills, call people, etc.  This list goes on forever.

   I have to wait til he is a month old to start giving him bottles.  That leaves 2 more weeks of this no-sleep schedule.  I feel like it's going to be the death of me!  (I'm really mostly writing this to remind my future self of what I had to go through and how long it lasted).

People also tell me that it's difficult but it's so worth it.  Right now, I'm having a hard time seeing the "it's worth it part".  I'm just so tired, nothing matters.  Tomorrow doesn't matter, a candy bar doesn't matter, a good back rub doesn't matter, a cruise to the Caribbean doesn't matter.  Just give me some SLEEP!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Seriously! New borns are so hard! I take a long time to fall asleep and sleep deprivation makes it even worse. It will get better. You only have to make it one day. Just one day. The next day might be the day you get 6 hours straight. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete