Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kickin it for the next 2 weeks!

So much has happened but I've been too pre-occupied to blog about it.  (I'll be sad later on I'm sure).

Anywho, last night Jordan and I made gingerbread houses with our good friends.  Even though I was pretty tired when we arrived, it was still lots of fun.  Especially because their little boy will be almost exactly a year older than ours when we have him so I get more excited for our little guy to arrive when I see their adorable son.

While we made our gingerbread houses, their little boy was hanging out on the floor, and seriously ALMOST crawling.  It was SOO cute!  He scoots around, but doesn't quite get the hand-knee motion down yet.  I wish I had taken video!  Here is before and after gingerbread pictures.  Jordan mastered it...me...at least I tried!
Jordan had the idea of using our marshmallows as shingles.  I reluctantly said okay.  So, we got to work on one side.  I suggested they be cut in half.

Then Jordan decided he didn't like that idea because it took too long...and he wanted to do whole marshmallows on the other side.  I didn't like that idea so I let him have at it.  We know who the clear winner was!  (not me.)

So, I was kind of proud of the wreath I thought up.  The little leaves were from a bottle of sprinkles our friends had.  The door is made out of fondant.



Final photos.  Jordan put little sour patch kids on top...he's funny like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment